ALSET is looking for:
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Institute for the Application of Learning Sciences and Educational Technology
The Institute for Application of Learning Sciences and Educational Technology (ALSET) at the National University of Singapore seeks applications for a 2-year Post-Doctoral Research Fellow beginning in August 2017. ALSET is a recently founded institute at the National University of Singapore that aims to promote student success by combining rigorous learning science research with instruction. We are keen on partnering with a skilled and highly motivated Postdoctoral Research Fellow to advance learning theory and interventions.
Type of Projects
The postdoc will be involved in a number of projects that
(1) assess students’ learning outcomes longitudinally and
(2) implement psychological interventions aimed at improving student outcomes.
Psychological processes that we are particularly interested in studying include students’ motivation, learning strategies, self-regulation, attitudes, emotions, and mindsets. The goal is to understand these processes so that we can design effective interventions to promote better learning and performance.
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. in Social/ Personality/ Developmental psychology, Education, or a related discipline by the time of appointment.
- Ideal candidates are those who have excellent statistical skills to carry out longitudinal data analysis on survey and behavioral data (e.g., multilevel modeling, structural equation modeling, or growth curve modeling), rigorous training in lab and field research, and an established track record of publications
- It would be preferable to have a background in educational intervention research and/or expertise in motivation theory.
- The Postdoctoral Research Fellow will have the opportunity to work closely with Dr. Patricia Chen (Department of Psychology, National University of Singapore), as well as other faculty at the National University of Singapore, and possibly our collaborators at Stanford University, Duke University, and the University of Michigan in the United States.
- The position is based at the National University of Singapore in Singapore.
- We are keen on working with someone who can balance both the roles of an independent researcher and an excellent collaborator.
Why You Should Be Excited About Working With Us
The National University of Singapore is the flagship university of Singapore, a vibrant, cosmopolitan city-state that ranks top in global education rankings. Here, we value cutting-edge research and interventions to foster better learning and instructional excellence. Where better to push the boundaries of how we can cultivate effective learning? Moreover, the best parts of living in metropolitan Singapore are the high quality of life, clean and safe living environments, and a well-educated, bilingual population (where English is the official language).
To apply for the position, please email Dr. Patricia Chen (email@example.com) with the following materials:
- Cover Letter,
- Curriculum Vitae, and
- the names and contact information of 3 references who are familiar with your research.
In your Cover Letter, please include a description of how your skills and research interests fit the job description. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.