Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences
Students will be awarded one (1) degree only – either a Bachelor of Arts degree (BA) or an Honours degree. The BA degree, once conferred, cannot be rescinded. Students who have received the BA degree cannot return to NUS to do their Honours. Students who have filed for BA but are eligible to continue with the Honours programme; and wish to continue to read their Honours, MUST retract their file for graduation within 3 calendar days from the date of release of their examination results.
For FASS students who are graduating with a Double-Major in two subjects, please note that you will be scheduled to attend the Commencement Ceremony for the subject listed as Major 1.
If you have any queries regarding your graduation status, please write to FASS Dean's Office through firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3 June 2018.
NUS Business School
Graduating BBA/BBA(Acc.) students from intake cohorts 2012 to 2016 and who have obtained a Cumulative Average Point of at least 3.2 in their graduating semester will be eligible for admission into the BBA/BBA(Acc.) Honours Programme. Such students who wish to pursue the BBA/BBA(Acc.) Honours Programme are to inform the BBA Office (via email to Ms Karen Lam (email@example.com) of their intention within 3 calendar days from the online release of exam results. Failing which, it is assumed that they do not wish to pursue the BBA/BBA(Acc.) Honours Programme. No late request will be considered. [Students who opt to pursue the BBA/BBA(Acc.) Honours Programme will not be awarded a BBA/BBA(Acc.) (non-honours) degree. Students who had rejected the offer for admission into the BBA/BBA(Acc.) Honours Programme previously will not be considered again.]
For students who do not fall under the above category and wish to change their earlier decision regarding graduation (i.e. either students (a) who had filed to graduate earlier but wish to withdraw their filing for graduation now; or (b) did not file for graduation earlier but wish to graduate now), they are to send an email to the Assistant Dean of the NUS Business School (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 3 calendar days of the online release of examination results. Your request on the change in decision regarding graduation will be reviewed and subject to approval by the BBA Office. All late requests will not be entertained.
School of Design & Environment
Architecture 4th year students who decide to exit the Concurrent Degree Programme at the end of Semester 2, AY2017/18 must inform the Dept of Architecture (email@example.com) within 3 calendar days from the date of release of their examination results in order to register for Commencement 2018. Students who miss this deadline will only be able to attend the Commencement next year. Presently, students are not expected to graduate and consequently, are not eligible to register for Commencement.
Faculty of Science
For students who fall under the following categories, an email will be sent to students' NUS email account on the day of release of exam results regarding the details of the conversion exercise.
- FoS students who have filed for graduation in CORS at the beginning of the semester in which you plan to graduate, but subsequently, wish to change their intention, should do a FFG conversion within 3 calendar days from the date of release of examination results. Please also take note of the following common scenarios in which the FFG conversion exercise will apply to students.
- Filed for Graduation (FFG) in CORS at the beginning of the semester and now have decided to proceed to Honours in the next semester.
- Filed for Honours Project in CORS at the beginning of the semester and now have decided to graduate at the end of the current semester.
- Did not file for any FFG option in CORS at the beginning of the semester and now have decided to graduate in the current semester.
- Did not file for any FFG option in CORS at the beginning of the semester and now have decided to proceed to Honours in the next semester.
The deadline to complete the FFG conversion is 5.30pm of the third calendar day from the date of exam results release. Late requests for FFG conversion may not be entertained. Please click here for the website to do the FFG conversion.
Students are encouraged to read the FAQs on filing for graduation and related matters, and contact FoS Dean's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if further clarification is needed regarding the FFG conversion exercise.