Join us a a Peer Student Supporter
The Peer Student Supporters (PSS) Programme is a ground-up initiative by the Office of Student Affairs (OSA) – Student Support Services (S3). PSS will be equipped with the necessary basic helping skills to befriend and support their peers who are in need and guide them to the appropriate help and resources available.
Role of a PSS
- Being a befriender and lending a listening ear at the Pit Stop@YIH
- Planning, organizing and executing wellness / outreach events
- Equipping peers with self-care knowledge and skills
- Guiding peers to the appropriate help and resources available
Note: PSSs are not counsellors
- Application is open to both Undergraduate and Graduate students from NUS, with at least one or more year of studies in the following academic year
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview
- Successful candidates are required to attend the compulsory trainings
- Successful candidates must commit time to attend trainings and organizing of outreach activities and programme
- All successful candidates are to adhere strictly to the NUS Code of Conduct
- Most importantly, a heart to support the NUS community
- Provide peer support at the Pit Stop : an average of 4 hours every week (during term times)
- Connect, Engagement and Equipping : 1.5 hours every two weeks
- Organise outreach activities and programmes
Relevant training will be provided.
Recruitment drive commences in Semester. Visit this page again in January 2020 or you may email us at OSAcares@nus.edu.sg to express your interest.
Follow us @nus.pss