Vacation Stay Exercise
Submission of Application
Hall residents are to approach their respective management office for more information on vacation stay. The below terms and conditions is not applicable to them.
- Vacation stay is optional. Non hall residents interested to stay during the vacation stay period will need to submit a Vacation Stay application via the University Hostel Management System (UHMS) portal within the stipulated exercise period. Upon submission of the online vacation stay application, Residents are expected to pay for their vacation stay at the hostel management office during the exercise period.
- Non-residents interested to stay in a hostel or Residents interested to stay in a different hostel during the vacation may approach the respective hostel management office directly. Requests are subject to availability. Those interested to stay in a non hall accommodation are to approach them after the vacation stay exercise.
- Vacation stay is based on the standard NUS academic calendar i.e. vacation 1 – Dec to Jan and Vacation 2 – May to Aug. Residents staying during this period are to apply for vacation stay.
- Residents checking out during the semester or vacation and returning to their current hostels before the start of official early check in period are to apply for vacation stay
- Residents who did not apply during the exercise may approach the respective management office directly. Requests are subject to availability. A late fee may be imposed by the hostel management office.
- Residents are expected to apply online and pay for their vacation stay at the hostel management office during the exercise.
- Charges may be imposed by the hostel management office for any cancellation or shortening of stay after the exercise.
- Residents moving to a different hostel in the next semester are to approach their new hostel management office to enquire on their check in dates.
- Residents requiring an accommodation due to commencement are advised to approach your respective hostel management office for their advice.
- Residents may be required to move to a different room due to closure or maintenance of rooms/blocks.
Acceptance of Offer
- Your assigned room should not be sublet to any other person, with or without monetary consideration. Any breach of this will be subject to severe disciplinary action that may include suspension from the university.
- No acceptance fee is required for vacation stay.
- Charges may be imposed by the management office for shortening or cancelling of vacation stay. Please check with respective management office for more information.
- Full vacation fee plus penalty charges may apply if personal items are not cleared after check-out.
- NUS reserve the right to dispose any items left behind after check-out.
- Please approach the respective hostel management office for more information.
Extension of Vacation Stay
For further extension of vacation stay, please approach your respective management office. All requests will be subject to the number of vacancies available.