1. For a list of countries whose nationals require a visa to enter Singapore, please refer to the ICA
2. For nationals of P.R. China who wish to visit Singapore as independent tourists, they should approach
selected tour agencies in China which have been authorized by the Singapore Government to arrange
for visas (for more information, please contact the offices of the Singapore Tourism Board
Travelers who apply for visas through these tour agencies will no longer be required to put down a
security deposit although the tour agencies have the discretion to decide on an individual basis if a
particular applicant still needs to put down such a deposit.
3. Qualified Chinese nationals can also submit applications for Singapore visas at selected branches of
the CITIC Industrial Bank located in 17 provinces of China. For more information, please call the
following CITIC Industrial Bank telephone numbers:
Beijing : 010-6538 0095 or 6621 1767
Shanghai : 021-6350 6350
Guangzhou : 020-8335 9019
Fuzhou : 0591-8760 9952 or 8762 5422
4. Any incomplete forms or documents may result in non-acceptance or delay in the processing at ICA.
NUS will not be responsible for ensuring the completeness of the information submitted by applicant.
5. Official translations of the documents are required if they are not in English Language.
6. NUS sponsorship of a Research Scholar's spouse and/or child will only for the period of the
scholarship, or up to the submission of the thesis for examination, whichever is earlier. If the
scholarship is terminated or withdrawn for whatever reasons, the Social Visit Pass for the dependent
will also be cancelled unless continued University's sponsorship is required for which a refundable
deposit of S$5000 for each dependent will have to be furnished. For a candidate whose scholarship is
expiring, s/he will have to submit an application for an extension of sponsorship by the University and
put down the required deposit.
7. NUS sponsorship of the spouse and/or child of a full time graduate student who is not a Research
Scholar is up to the maximum period of his/her candidature, subject to the placement of a refundable
deposit of S$5000 with the University.
8. NUS will inform ICA to cancel the spouse and/or child's Social Visit Pass under the following
- Student's candidature is terminated/withdrawn;
- Student converts from full-time to part-time study;
- Student's conferment of the degree;
- Student informs that the spouse and/or child no longer require the Social Visit Pass
9. Students should refer to ICA website
for the most up-to-date information. For enquiries, please contact
the Registrar's Office at 6516 2302 or email email@example.com