File for Graduation

When an undergraduate student in a modular faculty expects to graduate at the end of a particular semester, s/he must file for graduation (FFG) at the start of that semester during the period stipulated by their Faculties.

Degree Conferment

Degrees are conferred by the Chancellor at the end of Semester 1, Semester 2, and the Special Term. Conferment date for Semester 1 is 28 February, for Semester 2 is 30 June and for the Special Term is 31 August. However, graduate research degrees may also be awarded as and when the students complete all necessary requirements pertaining to the degrees.

Students will be informed in an official letter from the Registrar regarding their conferment date. This official letter will be mailed electronically to a graduate's NUS lifelong email account within 3 working days from the conferment date. No hard copy of the degree conferment letter will be issued to graduates who were conferred from 31 May 2015 onwards. This same conferment date will be recorded in the official academic transcript.

Other administrative information for graduating student is available here.


Commencement is an annual University-wide event celebrated in early July. For about a fortnight, the University celebrates the graduation of each class. All students who have completed their studies and conferred their degrees between 1 July of the preceding calendar year and 30 June of the current calendar year, both dates inclusive, are invited. Further information, including the schedule of ceremonies, is made available, from March each year, at the Commencement website. All eligible students will be requested to register their attendance online at the website by the first of June of the current calendar year.

Degree scrolls

Degree scrolls are printed following the conclusion of each semester of study for students who have been conferred their degrees. Details of collection procedures are updated and announced on the degree scroll collection website.

Students may collect their degree scrolls during their respective Commencement ceremonies or the designated alternative periods, either personally, or by authorising a friend to do so. Students may also request for the degree scroll to be mailed to them.

The University does not normally issue a replacement degree scroll if the original one is destroyed or misplaced. Instead, the Registrar will issue a letter certifying that the student is a graduate of the University.