Following Singapore’s Prime Minister’s address to the nation on 3 April 2020 (Friday), NUS has closed most of its facilities to align with the government’s circuit breaker measures.
The following services are temporarily not available at Registrar’s Office (RO) nor at the respective Student Services Centres (SSC):
- Issuing Degree Scrolls and complimentary Official Transcripts (including sending by post)
- Issuing Official Transcripts (including sending by post) – for all requests from 6 April 2020 onwards
- Issuing Certification Letters
- Issuing hard-copy Student Status Letters
You may wish to contact the Transcript Team at email@example.com or 6516 2304 for alternative arrangements or for any further clarification or queries. We will attend to your query(s) as soon as possible. Your patience and understanding is appreciated during this unprecedented time.
Stay safe and healthy everyone!
Certification Letters (for Alumni only)
Certification Letters are typically issued with the following information:
- name of graduate (at the point of conferment),
- degree (with class of honours, if applicable),
- conferment date, and
- medium of instruction.
If you require a certification letter, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and provide the following for verification:
- copy of your NRIC or Passport,
- mailing address (a soft-copy will also be provided), and
- degree title(s) and conferment date(s).
Student Status Letters (for Current Students only)
Please note that current students are students who have not yet been conferred their degrees.
Student Status Letters verify that an individual is currently registered as an NUS student and will contain the necessary supporting information such as the Student Identification Number, Official Name and Academic Programme, among others.
Students may self-generate these from myEduRec. Please refer to here for more information.
Please note that these letters are computer-generated and do not bear a signature.
For enquiries pertaining to letters, please refer to the Ask Student Service portal. If your questions are not covered in the portal, you may contact us at email@example.com or 6516 2304.