Singapore National Research Foundation Fellowship
(Singapore NRF Fellowship)
The Singapore NRF Fellowship provides opportunities for early career researchers from all over the world to lead impactful research in Singapore.
The Singapore NRF Fellowship offers:
- A five-year research grant of up to SGD$3 million, inclusive of general overheads.
- Provides opportunities for early-career researchers to conduct independent research in Singapore. (The award is contingent on the awardee taking on a full time appointment in an eligible host institution in Singapore.)
For more details, please click here
Please click here
for the past awardees.
- Outstanding researchers of any nationality, in their early stage of their research careers and are ready to take on their independent research, are eligible to apply.
- PhD holders with research experience in any discipline of science and technology (Computer Science, including Infocomm Technologies and Interactive Digital Media, Engineering, Life Sciences and Natural/Physical Sciences).
- Applicants must not be holding an Assistant Professor or equivalent position (includes lecturers, research assistant professors and adjunct professors holding non-tenured position) at a local research institution for more than 1 year at the point of submission (i.e. defined by grant call closing date).
- Applicant must not be at the RSE 3 level and above for more than 1 year at the point of submission (for A*STAR applicants).
- Applicant must not be a recipient of a similar early career award in Singapore.
- Applicant must be committed to take up an independent research appointment on a full-time basis in Singapore, if selected.
SCHEDULE OF ANNUAL CALL AND ACTIVITIES
There is one call per year. The shortlisted candidates would be invited to Singapore for final interviews by NRF Fellowship Evaluation Panel (FEP).
DATE OF CURRENT / NEXT CALL
4 December 2019
DEADLINE FOR CURRENT
Deadline to NRF is on 28 February 2019, 4pm, Singapore Time.
- Applications for the NRF Fellowship will be done online via the new Integrated Grant Management System (IGMS) by 28 February 2019, 4.00pm (GMT+8). Late submission shall not be accepted.
- For local NRF Fellowship Applicants with a SingPass account, please register and login to the IGMS using SingPass login.
- Applicants shortlisted to the final rounds will be invited to Singapore for an interview by the NRF Fellowship Evaluation Panel (FEP), an international panel of eminent scientific leaders, in October 2018.
- Please refer to the NRF Fellowship Application Guide for more information.
For grant proposals which are $1million and above, ODPRT has in place an optional
content editing service provided by in-house scientific editors (Dr Julian Tang, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
and Dr Steven John Wolf, email: email@example.com
). Please note that incorporating the changes suggested by the editors is at PI’s discretion, and is not a precondition prior to submission to grantor. PIs who wish to tap onto this service are advised to engage with our writers with your close-to-final
drafts at least one week prior to the deadline. Proposals will be handled in the order of arrival.
Queries can be directed to NRF_Fellowship@nrf.gov.sg
CONTACT PERSON FOR MORE INFORMATION