Best Paper Award
Towards a New Safety Assurance Method for Complex Safety-Critical Systems
Leong Wai Kiat, Chris
Republic of Singapore Air Force
Best Paper Award
A Holistic Approach to Crowd Congestion Management
in Singapore's Mass Rapid Tansit System
NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering
Our heartiest congratulations to the winners. Winners of the Best Paper Award receive:
- Free admission to TDSI workshop (Open Category)
- iPad Air (Student Category)
- Certificate of commendation
All authors will receive certificate of participation.
Systems Engineering Essay Competition 2015
Temasek Defence Systems Institute (TDSI) and Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISE), Faculty of Engineering, NUS are jointly organising the 3rd Systems Engineering Essay Competition.
Share with the high-profile industry experts on how you can overcome the odds to do things better and enable the realisation of successful systems — from enhancing customer’s experience, and improving workplace safety, to reducing resource wastage. Your case study should:
- be written in Singapore’s context that may include various areas of interests but not limited to defence, education, energy, environment, health care, housing, information technology, logistics, manufacturing, security, and water resource.
- include applications of systems engineering, industrial engineering, and operation research techniques that take an interdisciplinary approach while considering the overall system.
Open to Working Professionals and Students
- Open Category is for working professionals from industry, government and academia
- Student Category is for students from tertiary institutions
Please submit your essays to Ms Janey Chng at firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 Aug 2015, Tues.
Our judging panel comprises esteemed practitioners and experts in systems engineering. Essays will be judged on a range of parameters that includes insight, support and development of ideas, logical organisation and clear structure, proper grammer, and references with citation.
Essay must be written and presented in English with up to 5,000 words, in font type Arial/Times New Roman, font size 12.
The judging panel comprises
- Mr Teo Siow Hiang, Head Capability Development (Systems Architecture), Defence Science and Technology Agency
- Mr Frank Teo Yong Khiang, Assistant Director (Program Management Excellence Office), DSO National Laboratories
- Associate Professor Poh Kim Leng, Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, NUS
- Associate Professor Joseph Kasser, Visiting Professor, Temasek Defence Systems Institute
All qualified participants will receive a certificate of participation.
Best Paper and Merit Award winners will receive prizes ranging from iPad Air, complimentary admission to systems engineering workshop, books and shopping vouchers.