SoTL-Asia aims to develop institutional and regional capacity in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL), and to do so in ways that are sensitive to our specific locations within Asia and in a globalised world.
- Our understanding of SoTL is that it involves scholarly investigations of teaching practice and students’ learning, underpinned by appropriate levels of theory. SoTL encourages us to take a scholarly approach to our teaching, just as we take a scholarly approach to our research, and to make connections between these different but interrelated areas of academic practice.
- Teaching as a practice can be systematically studied using established research methodologies so as to gather data about student learning, thereby enabling practitioners to analyse the impact of specific pedagogies on student learning processes and outcomes.
SoTL-Asia welcomes interested colleagues in higher education to participate in our initiatives. At present, we have members from Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, and Thailand.
We invite you to visit our inaugural SoTL-Asia Conference page and to join our SoTL conversations.
We are also pleased to announce the members of the first SoTL-Asia Board. They are:
- Grahame Bilbow (The University of Hong Kong)
- Toru Iiyoshi (Kyoto University, Japan)
- Chen Chwen Jen (University of Malaysia, Sarawak)
- Johan Geertsema (National University of Singapore)
- Chng Huang Hoon (National University of Singapore)
For further information on SoTL-Asia, please contact A/Prof Chng Huang Hoon at email@example.com.
15 Kent Ridge Road
+65 6516 2071