Have you had to navigate a conversation that was difficult but necessary?
This workshop is designed to build your willingness and ability to have a difficult conversation by introducing you to the concept of difficult conversations, what they are and when they are needed. We’ll introduce you to the key things you need to prepare for a tough conversation and what to do when things go wrong. Most importantly we will introduce you to a discussion model that you can use to structure your own difficult discussions and provide you with the opportunity to practice a difficult conversation in a safe environment.
This webinar aims to cover:
- The concept of a difficult conversation, when it is needed and its benefits
- A discussion model that you can use to structure your difficult conversations
- Preparing for a difficult discussion and creating space in your own conversation
- The art of active listening
- The types of questions that you can use to unlock learning and manage a difficult conversation
Register by 1 September.
Founder and Principal Consultant, Wasabi Consulting
Andrew has over 25 years of experience working with B2B multi-national manufacturing companies in Asia, Australia, Europe and USA. During that time he has had experience having difficult conversations with customers, suppliers, employees and colleagues. Andrew is also a certified leadership coach and he has called Singapore home for 9 years.
View all Career Booster workshops →
Date: Wednesday, 22 September 2021
Event Time: 10am – 1pm
Faculties: School of Design and Environment, School of Computing, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
Target Audience: All non-Business School undergraduate students