- A monthly allowance of about €820
- The duration of the scholarship is granted in terms of 3, 6, or 9 months
- Health and accident insurance coverage (excluding pre-existing illnesses and dental prostheses)
- Enrolled as a NUS student
- Holding a Singapore citizenship
- Not older than 35 years old (born after 15 April 1981)
- Must possess a certificate of intermediate level in Italian (eg CILS B2, CELI 3, PLIDA B2 or INT.IT
Roma Tre) or equivalent language proficiency issued by a local organisation or language school (ie Italian
Cultural Institute, Dante Alighieri Society Branch, etc.). No previous proficiency in Italian is required
for applicants who enrol for university courses held entirely in English
Terms & Conditions
The Italian Scholarship awarded must be used within the timeframe of 1 October 2016 - 30 September 2017.
Application for AY 2017/2018 is from March 2017 to April 2017.
Please read through the instructions from the Italian Government for the scholarship here(source:
Italian Cultural Institute, Singapore) and fill out the online application form here "Borsa on Line".
The form must be saved and submitted online before the stipulated deadline. Late applications will not be
To complete the scholarship application, please print the submitted online application form and submit the
hardcopy application form together with supporting documents listed below to the Italian Cultural
Institute, Singapore and NUS International Relations Office (one set for each office).
List of supporting documents:
- Copies of the latest qualifications
- Copy of passport
- Transcripts of latest exams
- Personal motivation letter
- Referral letters
- n°2 passport-size photos
- Any other documents that is relevant to support the scholarship application
Addresses for hardcopy submission:
Italian Cultural Institute, Singapore
43A Beach Road, Level 2
Evershine @ Century Complex
NUS International Relations Office
11 Kent Ridge Drive
#03-03 Shaw Foundation Alumni House
Attn: Mr. Jasper Tang
Applicants will be notified of their application via their NUS email addresses.
Awardees will be informed of the disbursement date during the announcement of the result.