The SEA funding is valued at S$500* per student. The award is meant to help students offset part of the cost
incurred for the overseas programme and may not be sufficient to cover the entire cost. Student must consider
the location and cost before choosing any overseas programme.
For financially-challenged students, in addition to the SEA funding, they will be provided with a top-up bursary
according to their PCI record with the Office of Financial Aid (OFA). If a student qualifies for the top-up
bursary, it will be processed along with his/her SEA application and a separate application is not required.
He/she would not be eligible to apply for other support in NUS such as the NASA Enhancement Bursary.
*In the event that programme fees are less than S$500, GRO reserves the right to alter the funding quantum accordingly.
Full-time NUS undergraduates* who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for the funding:
- Acceptance (or at least in-principle acceptance) into the overseas programme prior to applying for this
funding; programme should have a minimum duration of 10 days
- Successful application of overseas programme in EduRec
- Recipients of scholarships/awards that do not allow concurrent holding of awards are not eligible to apply /
receive SEA funding
* Yale-NUS College (YNC) students are not eligible for SEA funding and are advised to approach YNC for support.
Terms & Conditions
Students may apply for more than one SEA funding but can receive at most ONE (1) SEA funding award during their
undergraduate study in NUS.
- Awardees who are unable to go on the overseas programme, must write to GRO at email@example.com and provide reasons of their withdrawal
from the programmes. GRO reserves the right to withdraw the award in such cases and may impose an
- The award does not carry a bond. However, all awardees are expected to be NUS ambassadors.
Please submit your application via EduRec by the following deadlines:
Summer Programmes: 10 June
Winter Programmes: 20 November
Please submit your application via EduRec (under "Global Education - Financial Aid") after you have accepted the offer of the short-term programme.
You must declare if you are receiving financial aid from other funding sources for the same overseas programme.
For scholarship holders, you are required to check/appeal for concurrent holding of awards with your scholarship
Applicants will be notified of their application via their NUS email addresses by:
Summer Programmes: last week of June
Winter Programmes: first week of December
Disbursement of the award will be by:
Summer Programmes: 15 August
Winter Programmes: 15 January