Department of Microbiology and Immunology
Principal Investigator, Immunology Programme
28 Medical Drive, Centre for Life Sciences, Level 3,
Tel: 6516 7207
My lab focuses on two major areas of research. One focuses on the role of lymphatic vessels in lipid metabolism and inflammation in order to identify new ways to manipulate lymphatic drainage. The other interest is to better characterize the biology and function of vascular resident macrophages in health and disease.
Our objective is to translate our findings into novel biomarkers for disease risk prediction and therapeutic strategies, in particular for the management of cardiovascular lipid-related diseases and lymphedema.
Our laboratory has a strong expertise in imaging, from sample preparation to microscopic analysis. Moreover, we have established several animal models of cardiovascular diseases and approaches to study lymphatic function.
1. Tay MHD, Lim SYJ, Leong YFI, Thiam CH, Tan KW, Torta FT, Narayanaswamy P, Wenk MR, Angeli V (2019) Halted Lymphocyte Egress via Efferent Lymph Contributes to Lymph Node Hypertrophy During Hypercholesterolemia. Frontiers in Immunology.
2. Chakarov S, Lim HY, Tan L, Lim SY, See P, Lum J, Zhang X-M, Shihui Foo S, Nakamizo S, Duan K, Kong WT, Gentek R, Balachander A, Carbajo D, Bleriot C, Malleret B, Tam JKC, Baig S, Shabeer M, Toh S-AES, Schlitzer A, Larbi A, Marichal T, Malissen B, Chen J, Poidinger M, Kabashima K, Bajenoff M, Ng LG, Angeli V, Ginhoux F (2019) Two distinct interstitial macrophage populations coexist across tissues in specific subtissular niches. Science 363(6432):eaau0964.
3. Lim HY, Sheau YngLim SY, Tan CK, Thiam CH, Goh CC,Carbajo D, Chew SHS, See P, Chakarov S, XN, Lim LH, Johnson LA, Lum J, Fong CY, Bongso A, Biswas A, Goh C, Evrard M, Yeo KP, Basu R, Wang JK, Tan Y, Jain R, Tikoo S, Choong C, Weninger W, Poidinger M, Stanley RE, Collin M, Tan NS, Ng LG, Jackson DG, Ginhoux F, Angeli V (2019) Hyaluronan Receptor LYVE-1-Expressing Macrophages Maintain Arterial Tone through Hyaluronan-Mediated Regulation of Smooth Muscle Cell Collagen. Immunity 49(2):326-341e7.
4. Tang P, Low HB, Png CW, Torta F, Kumar JK, Lim HY, Zhou Y, Yang H, Angeli V, Tai ES, Flavell AR, Dong C, Wenk MR, Yang DY, Zhang Y (2019) Protective function of mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase 5 in aging- and diet-induced hepatic steatosis and steatohepatitis. Hepatology Communications 3:748-762.
5. Lim SY, Mukherjee M, Tan NS, Wong WSF, Angeli V, Lim HF (2018) Increased sputum B cells in severe eosinophilic asthma: a local auto-inflammatory process. European Respiratory Journal 52:PA4459.