Emeritus Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, College of Design and Engineering
Tel: 6516 1911
I have been working on tissue engineering, prosthetics & orthotics, biomechanics of the musculoskeletal system, gait analysis, ortho-paedic implant and design research. My specific interest is with the use of Bombyx mori silk material for regenerative medicine.
Having been in the field for many years, I often observed that innovations have largely been inspired by nature. In line with this perspective, our group has looked upon nature for inspiration in approaches for specific tissue regeneration.
With the experience of numerous research studies in tissue regeneration, I am keen on bringing the knowledge and technology further towards clinical application and commercial-ization. No doubt there are many challenges, we are still confidently pushing our research towards clinical applications, being boosted along the way by promising preclinical results.
I am deeply intrigued by biopolymers, especially silk fibroin, which has been shown to be an excellent material due to its unique properties. With this material, our group has created different forms for various interesting applications.
1. Liu, Ling; Lam, Wing MR; Yang, Zheng; Wang, Ming; Ren, Xiafei; Hu, Tao; Li, Jun; Goh, James Cho‐Hong; Wong, Hee‐Kit; Improving the handling properties and long‐term stability of polyelectrolyte complex by freeze‐drying technique for low‐dose bone morphogenetic protein 2 delivery. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B: Applied Biomaterials 108 (6) 2450-2460, 2020. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. Hoboken, USA
2. Liang, Yeshi; Goh, James Cho-Hong; Polypyrrole-Incorporated Conducting Constructs for Tissue Engineering Applications: A Review. Bioelectricity 2 (2), 101-119, 2020, Mary Ann Liebert, Inc.,
3. Hu, Tao; Naidu, Mathanapriya; Yang, Zheng; Lam, Wing Moon; Kumarsing, Ramruttun Amit; Ren, Xiafei; Ng, Felly; Wang, Ming; Liu, Ling; Tan, Kim Cheng; Bone Regeneration by Controlled Release of Bone Morphogenetic Protein-2: A Rabbit Spinal Fusion Chamber Molecular Study. Tissue Engineering Part A 25, 19-20, 1356-1368, 2019. Mary Ann Liebert, Inc.,
4. Liu, Ling; Lam, Wing Moon Raymond; Naidu, Mathanapriya; Yang, Zheng; Wang, Ming; Ren, Xiafei; Hu, Tao; Kumarsing, Ramruttun; Ting, Kang; Goh, James Cho-Hong; Synergistic Effect of NELL-1 and an Ultra-Low Dose of BMP-2 on Spinal Fusion. Tissue Engineering Part A 25, 23-24, 1677-1689, 2019. Mary Ann Liebert, Inc.,
5. Bhakta, Gajadhar; Ekaputra, Andrew K; Rai, Bina; Abbah, Sunny A; Tan, Tuan Chun; Le, Bach Quang; Chatterjea, Anindita; Hu, Tao; Lin, Tingxuan; Arafat, M Tarik; Fabrication of polycaprolactone-silanated β-tricalcium phosphate-heparan sulfate scaffolds for spinal fusion applications. The Spine Journal, 18, 5, 818-830, 2018. Elsevier
6. Goh, James; Systems medicine for the delivery of better healthcare services–International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering (IFMBE) perspective. Health & Technology, 2017. Springer Berlin
7. Dinh, Ngoc‐Duy; Luo, Rongcong; Christine, Maria Tankeh Asuncion; Lin, Weikang Nicholas; Shih, Wei‐Chuan; Goh, James Cho‐Hong; Chen, Chia‐Hung; Effective light directed assembly of building blocks with microscale control. Small, 13, 24, 1700684, 2017
8. Mokhtarzadeh, Hossein; Yeow, Chen Hua; Goh, James Cho Hong; Oetomo, Denny; Ewing, Katie; Lee, Peter Vee Sin; Antagonist muscle co-contraction during a double-leg landing maneuver at two heights. Computer methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering 20, 13, 1382-1393, 2017. Taylor & Francis