2017 was significant for NUS Libraries. We took bold steps to chart our strategic roadmap, culminating in a transformation blueprint -- not only to better partner the University and its community, but also to create value for the world.
Here is a glance at the highlights for 2017 and the outcomes we have achieved
The Year in Numbers
Our Strategic Plan & Highlights
Preserve Content & Improve Access to Quality Content
1. Digitised a collection of rare materials for open access to create value for the world. The Biodiversity Library of Southeast Asia (BLSEA) offers 444 rare book titles with 817 volumes, while the Chinese rare newspapers collection boasts 24 titles and 89,994 issues.
2. Expanded library collection by 37,493 books amp other digital resources.
3. Increased the discoverability of e-resources by adding 24,650 e-journals, 73,169 e-books & 646 streaming media into our collections.
Facilitate Creation of New Knowledge
1. Upgraded our institutional repository Scholarbank@NUS) to incorporate research data to facilitate compliance with funding agency requirements.
2. Collaborated with researchers on 6 Digital Scholarship projects to further ideas exchange & knowledge discovery.