Application for Academic Year 2023-2024 will open on 1 November 2022.
Application Process Flowchart
Please note the application closing dates for the various qualifications as follows:
||AY2023 Application Closing Dates
||Estimated Application Outcome by:
Indonesian Ujian Nasional (UN) / Raport
Vietnam National High School Graduation Examination
Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)
|12 February 2023, Sunday
|All other qualifications
||3 March 2023, Friday
||Mid-May to end July
* With effect from AY2022, application closing date for Indian Standard 12 (All state boards), Indonesian Ujian Nasional (UN), Vietnam National High School Graduation Examination and Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) qualifications have been revised as per the table above.
 Please note that 2023 University Entrance Examination (UEE) will be suspended due to travel restrictions related to the COVID-19 situation. For more information, please visit here.
 Applicants who receive their application outcome beyond the appeal window may submit an appeal email to https://www.askadmissions.nus.edu.sg/
You should apply under International Qualifications, if you are neither a Singapore Citizen nor Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) and not presenting the qualifications listed below:
- Singapore-Cambridge GCE A level
- Diploma from a Polytechnic in Singapore
- International Baccalaureate
- NUS High School Diploma
Admission requirements and closing dates
If you are an international applicant seeking admission to NUS, you should have completed or are completing high school, that is, at least twelve years of general education by July of the year of application. You may view the list of acceptable high school qualifications and applicant group types below.
Please ensure that you select the correct qualification and applicant group type before submitting an online application.
Application closing dates apply according to your high school qualification. Unless otherwise specified, your complete application with all supporting documents must reach the Office of Admissions by the application closing date.
- 'A' Level (AQA, Cambridge, Edexcel, London, OCR, Oxford International AQA, WJEC)
- American High School Diploma
- Australian High School
- Brunei 'A' Level
- Canadian High School Diploma
- Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE)
- Danish Studentereksamen (Upper Secondary Leaving Examination)
- European Baccalaureate Diploma
- French Baccalaureate Diploma
- Gao Kao or PRC National College Entrance Examination
- German Abitur
- Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE)/ Hong Kong 'A' Level
- Indian Standard 12 (Central and ISC Boards)
- Indian Standard 12 (State and other Boards)
- Indonesian Ujian Nasional (UN) / Raport
- Italian Diploma di Esame di Stato
- Mauritius High School Certificate
- New Zealand National Certificate of Education Achievement (NCEA) Level 3
- Oman Thanawiya Amma (Secondary School Leaving Certificate)
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM)
- Sri Lanka 'A' Level
- Swiss Matura/ Swiss Federal Maturity Certificate
- Taiwan Senior High School
- Thailand Certificate of Secondary Education (Mathayom 6)
- Turkish High School
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)
- Vietnam National High School Graduation Examination
- Other High School Qualifications
Students, including home study students, may submit the following scores to compete for undergraduate admissions:
i. ACT with Writing and SAT Subject Tests, or
ii. SAT and SAT Subject Tests, or
iii. Advanced Placement score report
The University has updated the admissions requirement due to the discontinuation of SAT Subject Tests. For more information, click here.
Students presenting the Foundation, Matriculation or Twinning qualifications with appropriate university exam results may also apply and compete for admission to NUS.
Application outcomes are released in batches. The final batch of application outcomes will be released around mid-July 2023.