The University Engineering Scholarship (UES) is open to Polytechnic Diploma holders from Singapore who are pursuing a full-time Engineering or Technology-related undergraduate programme at one of the following Autonomous University:
National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT)
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident
- Possess outstanding local polytechnic diploma (preferably Diploma with Merit)
- Have good co-curricular activities record
- Be matriculating into a full-time Engineering or Technology-related undergraduate programme at NUS/NTU/SUTD/SIT in the same year of the UES application
- Tuition fees (after MOE Tuition Grant Subsidy)
- S$5,800 annual living allowance
- S$2,000 one-time computer allowance
Terms & Conditions
- The scholarship is tenable for the normal course duration of a full-time Engineering/Computing undergraduate degree course at NUS, a full-time Engineering/Technology course at NTU, a full-time Engineering/Technology/Science course at SIT and a full-time Engineering/Technology course at SUTD.
- Scholars may not concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary, grant, award or allowance without prior approval from the University.
- The scholarship will be monitored and renewed every semester provided the scholar maintains a Cumulative Average Point (CAP) of at least 3.5 (or equivalent) and good conduct.
- Recipients of the award who do not meet the renewal criteria may have their awards conditionally renewed up to 2 times before being terminated and will be liable to pay liquidated damages, or terminated and liable to pay liquidated damages immediately if recipient’s scholarship and candidature is terminated.
- Recipients of the scholarship (scholars) are required to serve a four-year bond working in an Engineering/Technology-related field in Singapore immediately upon graduation.
- If the scholar decides to withdraw from the University and/or terminate the scholarship prematurely, the University reserves the right to impose repayment of all scholarship monies disbursed to the scholar.
Application & Shortlisting Process
- Applications are to be submitted to the Secretariat, in the year of matriculation. Click here to apply and view the application dates.
- Selection interviews will be held in June. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for an interview via e-mail. Please ensure that you are available to attend the interviews in order to be considered for the award/scholarship. Your application will be withdrawn if you are unable to attend any scheduled selection interview(s) without valid reason(s).
Please submit your scholarship enquiries here