banner image

Student's Pass

All international students must hold a valid Student's Pass (SP) issued by the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) for their studies at NUS.

You may find more information from the ICA website.

New applications for a Student's Pass must be submitted at least one month and not more than two months before the commencement of the course through ICA's Student's Pass Online Application & Registration (SOLAR) system.

1.Registration for a Student's Pass

Before you submit your application, NUS will register you through SOLAR with the following information:
  ◦Your name, date of birth, gender and nationality (as appear in your travel document)
  ◦Course details, course commencement and course end dates
  ◦SOLAR application reference number

2.Submission of eForm 16
Once NUS has successfully registered your information, you may login to SOLAR to submit eForm 16.
You must have the following information before logging into SOLAR:
  ◦A registration acknowledgement notice with the login information provided by NUS
  ◦Passport details (including travel document/passport number, date of expiry, etc)
  ◦NRIC/FIN of parents if your parents are Singaporean or foreigners who are working or residing in
  ◦A Singapore address and contact details
  ◦Your email address
  ◦One recent passport-sized colour photograph (to be pasted on the top-right corner of e-Form 16) and
    must meet the following requirements:
   ◾Image must be taken within the last three months
   ◾Photograph should be in colour, must be taken against a white background with a matt or semi-matt
   ◾Image must show the full face and without headgear (headgear worn in accordance with religious or
      racial customs is acceptable but must not hide the facial features)

Upon submission of the eForm16 through SOLAR, students are required to print a copy of the eForm16 for submission to ICA to complete formalities for the issuance of a Student's Pass (if the application is successful).

Extension of Student's Pass
Students who require an extension of the Student's Pass beyond the initial course duration may submit an application to renew the Student's Pass, at least one month before the expiry.

Undergraduate Student

Please submit your application here.

Graduate Student

Please complete the form here and email it to the NUS Graduate School at

Note: Overstaying is a punishable offence under the Immigration Act. Please take note of the expiry dates of your Social Visit Pass and your Student's Pass and apply for an extension at least a month before they expire.

Change of place of residence or Passport particulars
International Students are required to notify ICA if there is any change in their passport particulars or place of residence within 14 days of the change.

Change of place of residence
You can deposit a physical Change of Address Form in the drop box located near Counter 19 at:
Visitor Services Centre
ICA Building
10 Kallang Road, Level 4 (next to Lavender MRT station)
Singapore 208718

Operating hours are 8.00 am to 4.30 pm on Mondays to Fridays, and 8.00 am to 12.30 pm on Saturdays.

The application will take two weeks to process, after which you will receive a confirmation by post once your information is updated.

Change of passport particulars
International students can update the change of their passport particulars by emailing to, with the following documents attached;
  • Valid passport;
  • Current Student's Pass;
  • Disembarkation/Embarkation Card (whichever card is available)

Loss and Replacement of Student's Pass
International Students who have lost their Student's Pass are required to apply for a replacement within seven days from the date of loss.

To apply for a replacement card, go to -
Visitor Services Centre
ICA Building
10 Kallang Road, Level 4 (next to Lavender MRT station)
Singapore 208718

with the following documents on hand:
  • A recent passport-sized colour photograph taken within the last three months.
  • Your valid travel document (valid for least six months)
  • Your Student Status Letter, retrievable from MyEduRec
  • A statutory declaration or an original police report (not a photocopy) explaining that the card has been
You must also acknowledge a copy of the Student’s Pass Terms and Conditions, downloadable here.

There are replacement fees for your lost Student's Pass.
First loss: $100
Second and subsequent loss: $300

Cancellation of Student's Pass
When you cease or terminate your studies, you should surrender your Student’s Pass card for cancellation within seven days.

You can cancel your Student's Pass in person at:
Visitor Services Centre
ICA Building
10 Kallang Road, Level 4
Singapore 208718

You will need to present the following documents:
  • A completed Student’s Pass Cancellation form
  • Your valid travel document
  • Your Student’s Pass card.

Alternatively, you may surrender your Student’s Pass to the ICA officer at the checkpoint when leaving Singapore.

In view of the current COVID-19 situation, students can cancel their Student's Pass and apply for a Short Term Visitor's Pass (STVP) via the University as well.

Email the Registrar's Office at, with the following documents -
  • A completed Request for Cancellation of Student's Pass form
  • A copy of your passport
  • A copy of your Student's Pass

Upon submission of the completed documents, students can expect to receive their STVP in their NUS email within a week.  
Do note that the STVP is still assessed by ICA on a case-by-case basis.

Chat with SSC
Chat with SSC