Any changes in name must be accompanied with documentary proof. We will not update any changes without authentication.

Your name captured in the University's record as yourOfficial Name will be printed on the various official documents issued by the University, in particular your degree scroll and academic transcript. If you have changed your name during your course of study but failed to inform the University in a timely manner and you have already been conferred your degree, then your name as presently reflected in our official records, will be inscribed on your degree scroll. No further requests for name changes will be entertained.

You can verify your Official Name in myEduRec. Please refer to the user guide on "View/Update Personal Information" in myEduRec webpage for the steps.

Official Name Change

If you have officially/legally changed your name during your course of study, you should inform the University of the change at your first opportunity.

Please bring your student card, the original and one copy of the relevant documentary evidence for verification by staff at the Student Service Centre (Level 1, Yusof Ishak House, Kent Ridge Campus) or Bukit Timah Campus Management Office (Block B, Bukit Timah Campus) during office hours. The copy of the documentary evidence will then be forwarded to the Registrar's Office for the necessary updates to your official records.

Relevant supporting documents are:

  • Your Pink/Blue Singapore NRIC; or
  • Your Passport

Students with long names:

Please note that names that exceed more than 70 characters (including spaces) will be abbreviated.