Social Science Research Council Graduate Research Fellowship Scheme
The SSRC GRF aims to facilitate the engagement of outstanding early-career Singaporean social science and humanities researchers who have been accepted for their doctoral or postdoctoral training at leading overseas research or academic institutions.
The SSRC GRF offers:
- A two-year research grant of up to SGD$10,000 for PhD Students; and up to $20,000 for Postdoctoral Fellows. The award may be used for travel or other research-related expenses.
- Assist in the development of promising overseas-based early-career researchers with the provision of a small research grant and an opportunity to be mentored by an experienced researcher in a Singapore Autonomous University (AU), including National University of Singapore (NUS).
- Singapore citizens.
- Outstanding undergraduate academic record (at least a bachelor’s degree with second upper honours or equivalent).
- Accepted for doctoral studies or postdoctoral training at a leading overseas academic or research institution.
- Are not recipients of other scholarships from the Singapore Government.
Note: NUS Overseas Graduate Scholarship and NUS Overseas Postdoctoral Fellowship recipients are not eligible to apply for SSRC GRF.
- Tenable for a period of two years.
- Tenable for research in any social science and humanities discipline, although research on Singapore local issues of relevance is encouraged.
- (Specific to NUS) Applicants are required to contact and confirm a NUS mentor prior to submission of the application. The mentor should be an experienced researcher based on the applicant’s proposed area of research, who can provide access to valuable academic and career guidance.
- Awardees will be required to return to Singapore at least once during the tenure of award to participate in engagement activities within the AU and with SSRC members.
- Awardees must comply with reporting requirements stipulated by the host AU.
(Specific to NUS) Awardees must submit at least one report to NUS on an annual basis.
SELECTED NUS FACULTIES/SCHOOLS/COLLEGES
Mentors may be nominated from the following NUS units:
SCHEDULE OF ANNUAL CALL AND ACTIVITIES
- There is one call per year.
- Expected Award Date of January 2022 call: End-March 2022
- Tenure period of January 2022 call: April 2022 to March 2024
DATE OF CURRENT / NEXT CALL
1 January 2022
DEADLINE FOR CURRENT CALL
14 February 2022, 12 noon, Singapore Time (GMT+8)
- Applications for the SSRC GRF will be done via email, using the SSRC GRF Application Form (NUS). Late submission(s) shall not be accepted.
- Applications should be submitted to the relevant unit where the mentor is a faculty member.
Below are the recipient email addresses of each unit:
Note: For queries, please contact the officers listed under the “Contact Person” section.
- Please refer to the SSRC GRF Infosheet and SSRC GRF Non-fundable Items for more information.
- For common queries raised, please refer to the FAQ.
CONTACT PERSON FOR MORE INFORMATION
Page Updated: 12th November 2021
- For specific queries related to the application to the fellowship under NUS, please contact:
For general queries on the fellowship, please contact: