Basic healthcare fees are charged to your miscellaneous student fees and due at the same time as your tuition fees. This is a compulsory scheme with no available opt-out option.
Individuals under the Research Scholars scheme will have their fees automatically deducted each semester from their stipends.
As this scheme is only available for full time students, individuals (Graduate, Undergraduate or Continuing Professional Education students) converting his/her full-time candidature mid-way to a part-time basis will not be covered. Paid premiums are not refundable.
Offered schemes for local and international undergraduates, graduates and non-graduating students vary. The following table provides a summary of the coverage for each category.
Medical benefits are only extended during the course of your study in Singapore. Students on overseas exchange/abroad/NOC programmes will not be charged full health fees for the semester. Thus, these students will only be covered for Group Personal Accident Insurance (GPA) during the semester. Pleace check your Student Bill to verify your coverage.
Benefits will cease and you are no longer eligible to the scheme’s subscription when you have/are:
- Awaiting conferment date and no Health Service Fee billed
- Ceased your status as a full-time student and have converted to a part-time status
- Withdrawn from your study/course
- Terminated from your study/course
- On Leave of Absence (Limited Coverage for incidents/medical conditions which occur while the student is representing NUS in activities in Singapore and overseas)