![endif]--> <![endif]--> <![endif]-->
Anne K Bendt
Associate Director and Scientific Program Manager
Singapore Lipidomics Incubator (SLING), Life Sciences Institute
Tel: +65 6516 6683
Lipidomic tools and their applications, especially for development of biomarkers and diagnostics; Infectious Diseases; Translation & Commercialization; Operations
I am driven by the prospect of translating the research findings of SLING into applications with impact outside of the laboratory, in particular in the areas of diagnostics.
1) Clinical applications of mass spectrometry for small molecules. 2) Robust workflows for applications in nutrition, skin health and additional areas with potential for commercialisation.
SLING is a worldwide leading program for mass spectrometry-based analysis of lipids, i.e. lipidomics. We further have a strong focus on education, and mutually beneficial partnerships with collaborating parties from academia and industry.
1. Jayakumar P, Dinish US, Bendt AK, Kazakeviciute A, Fu CY, Ong ILH; Olivo M. Identification of mycolic acid forms using SERS as a fast detection method for Tuberculosis. International Journal of Nanomedicine, 2018; 13:1-10
2. Burla B, Arita M, Arita M, Bendt AK, Cazenave-Gassiot A, Dennis EA, Ekroos K, Han X, Ikeda K, Liebisch G, Lin MK, Loh TP, Meikle PJ, Orešič M, Quehenberger O, Shevchenko A, Torta F, Wakelam MJO, Wheelock CE, Wenk MR. MS-based lipidomics of human blood plasma – a community-initiated position paper to develop accepted guidelines. J Lipid Res. 2018;59:2001-2017
3. Begum H, Torta F, Narayanaswamy P, Mundra PA, Ji SS, Bendt AK, Saw WY, Teo YY, Soong R, Little PF, Meikle PJ, Wenk MR. Lipidomic profiling of plasma in a healthy Singaporean population to identify ethnic specific differences in lipid levels and associations with disease risk factors. Clin Mass Spec 6 (2017) 25-31
4. Shinde S, Selvalatchmanan J, Incel A., Akhoundian M, Bendt AK, & Torta F. Mesoporous polymeric microspheres with high affinity for phosphorylated biomolecules. New Journal of Chemistry, 2018;42:8603-8608