The Award was established in loving memory of the late Chairman’s contributions

Mr Ranjan Kapur, late Chairman of Tagit

The inaugural Ranjan Kapur Bursary Award at the National University of Singapore (NUS) has been awarded this year to Mr Mohammed Noh, a graduate from the NUS Faculty of Science, by Tagit.

The Award was established in loving memory of the late Chairman’s contributions from the early days of its founding in 2005 to his sudden passing in 2018.

Disbursed to one deserving student from NUS every year, the Award helps improve the lives of students, developing leaders of tomorrow who will in turn effect positive change to real-world issues that will benefit the region and beyond.

tagit-3569410b5957b40caa3ccf69d9d54bdeb

Mr Mohammed Noh, recipient of the Ranjan Kapur Bursary Award

A virtual Awards ceremony was organised by NUS Development Office with invited guests including the recipient Mr Mohammed Noh, wife and daughter of Mr Kapur, Mrs Jimi Kapur and Ms Tina Kapur, Mr Sandeep Bagaria, CEO of Tagit and Mr Navtej Singh (‘73), Co-Founder and Director of Tagit and an NUS alumnus.

“At Tagit, we strongly follow the philosophy of giving back to the community and there’s no better way than contributing to shaping our young talents into future leaders of tomorrow. Ranjan was devoted to educating and training people to acquire new skills and knowledge. By setting up this Award, we continue to honour his memory and legacy which has positively touched many lives,” shared Mr Sajjad Akhtar, Chairman of Tagit.

Commenting on the Award, Mr Noh said “I would like to thank Tagit for setting up the bursary. It relieved a huge financial burden on me, and I was free to contribute extra time on my project that I normally would have used on the part-time job I took on weekly to support myself throughout my stint in university. Without the award, I would have not been able to achieve the excellent grade I received for my FYP project.”