The NUS Vacation Internship Programme facilitated by CFG is intended to provide students with opportunities to gain work experience and acquire industry knowledge and skills during the vacation periods in May and December every year. Students volunteer to participate in this internship programme but should start their search and application about 6 months before the start of the internship. With the exception of some industries, application may begin as early as 9 months ahead.
Duration / Time Period
The VIP takes place during the official vacation period for each academic year.
Please refer to the NUS academic calendar.
- Semester 1: December (5 weeks)
- Semester 2: May to July (12 weeks)
Recommended Internship Guidelines for Students
Learn more about the Internship Guidelines for Students.
Please find information on employment of international students at Ministry of Manpower (MOM).
- Students may view the available internship postings in NUS TalentConnect.
- Under Position Type, select Vacation Internships – Local (Open to all Faculties)
- You may also refer to weekly e-newsletters and save notification settings in NUS TalentConnect to receive updates on latest internship postings.
- Follow the instructions on the posting. Applications may be made directly via NUS TalentConnect, via the Company's website or via email.
- Companies will contact you directly for an interview if you are one of the shortlisted candidates. Interviews may take place over the phone or face-to-face.
- Once you are offered an internship, please notify CFG via your NUS email address with your full name, faculty details and the job reference number.
- Watch the online internship video on IVLE (Unit 6: Maximising Your Internship Experience) before the start of your internship.
Students may also source for their own internships but in order for it to be supported by the University, details will have to be reviewed by CFG. To have a self-sourced internship reviewed, please complete the VIP Internship Support Letter Request Form.
Please refer to Internship Guidelines for Students for details on payment of allowances and other internship matters.
Internship Support Letter
To request for an internship support letter, please complete the VIP Internship Support Letter Request Form.
Important to note:
The Employment Act covers every employee who is engaged under a contract of service, including interns. An employer should accord statutory benefits prescribed under the law to an intern if he/she is performing work and has work arrangements similar to that of a regular employee in the organisation.