- Only full-time students registered with the National University of Singapore are eligible.
- Students who are no longer of full-time status (e.g. on Leave of Absence, withdrew or graduated) are not eligible to stay in NUS student accommodation and will be given 7 days’ notice to vacate their rooms except under exceptional circumstances.
- Only new students who have formally accepted their offer to study full time in NUS are eligible for an NUS student accommodation.
- Students with outstanding arrears in their accommodation accounts will not be eligible for an NUS accommodation.
- Students who are barred due to disciplinary or breach of housing agreement will not be eligible for an NUS accommodation for the duration of the barring period.
- International students (non-Singaporean/Singapore PR) are required to have the appropriate and valid passes as issued by the Immigration & Custom Authority (ICA) or Ministry of Manpower (MOM) during the course of their stay in an NUS hostel.
- Students are required to be insured under the NUS student insurance scheme or its equivalent throughout their stay in an NUS hostel.
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS
Single & Married Graduates Without Accompanying Spouse / Children
- Priority will be accorded to full-time research students, particularly new students and final year students.
- As demand far exceeds supply, coursework graduate students are advised to budget and source for off-campus accommodation which may cost twice as much as on-campus accommodations. More information on off-campus housing can be found here.
- Unless stated otherwise, the default selection criteria are based on random selection and availability.
Married Graduates With Accompanying Spouse / Children
To qualify for priority consideration, you must submit the following documents via the online portal, UHMS, during application:
- Marriage certificate (Official translation into English if it is in another (language)
- Social Visit Pass / Student’s Pass /other valid Singapore passes (Employment Pass/Dependant’s Pass/Work Permit)
- NUS Student card if your spouse is an NUS student and/or
- Passport (if accompanying students)
- Birth certificate (Official translation into English if it is in another language)
- Social Visit Pass / Dependant’s pass/ Student’s Pass