SEP Award for the Community Spirited
This award was created through a generous donation from Mr Dilhan Pillay Sandrasegara, the CEO of Temasek International.
Through this gift, Mr Sandrasegara would like to encourage NUS students to participate in the Student Exchange Programme (SEP) which he believes will provide invaluable learning opportunities and insightful international experience. At the same time, he would like recipients of the awards to give back to the community through social service. The SEP Award for the Community Spirited is created for students who have demonstrated a desire to give back to the society through consistent and active community involvement.
Up to 8 awards valued at S$6,000 each are available each academic year.
- Open to Singaporeans
- Students with per capita gross monthly household income (PCI) of S$1,900 and below for the academic year of the overseas programme, will be considered. Please refer to the information under application process.
- Per capita gross monthly household income refers to the total gross monthly income of all those living in the household divided by the number of people in the household.
- For NUS students selected to go on exchange in one of NUS’ partner universities
- Students will be required to submit an updated resume as well as application form complete with details of past and current community involvement and a statement on their plans for giving back to the society after their SEP
Terms & Conditions
- This award must not be concurrently held with another exchange award
- Award recipients are expected to assist in the promotion of SEP by participating in events organized by the Global Relations Office, networking sessions and sharing of SEP experiences at various platforms
- All award recipients are encouraged to attend the SEP Ambassador Programme and are expected to be NUS ambassadors. Recipients must complete the Returnee Survey, and submit a SEP report
- Award recipients are expected to pen a personal letter of appreciation to Mr Dilhan Pillay Sandrasegara for the Award
Application period:16 Aug to 30 Sep 2021 for SEP in AY2021/22 Semester 2
Students with per capita gross monthly household income (PCI) of S$1,900 and below for the academic year of the overseas programme, will be considered.
Ensure that you have applied for financial aid with the Office of Financial Aid here before applying for this award.
Apply for this award via the myEduRec under Global Education. Be sure to download the application form, fill it up and upload it as one of the supporting documents.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM
The results for the awards will be available some time in October 2021.
The award will be disbursed at the beginning of each semester (August for Semester 1 and January for Semester 2).
For further queries on the award, please click here