Maximise your term breaks during your NUS candidature by joining an academic programme at any of the partner universities recommended by the NUS Global Relations Office (GRO). You can earn credits towards your degree and apply for the financial support administered by GRO as long as you apply through the NUS Education Records System (EduRec) for the summer / winter programmes recommended by GRO.
How do Summer / Winter programmes (i-SP) work?
GRO carefully selects summer/winter programmes offered by reputable universities around the world. i-SPs recommended by GRO offer a diversity of quality courses in exciting destinations to match every interest.
The i-SPs offered by partner universities may be on:
- Fee-paying basis; fees will have to be paid to the host university directly (majority of the programmes)
- Fee-waiver basis; programme fees for NUS students will be waived (limited selected programmes)
All outgoing students have to be responsible for their own living expenses which include airfare, accommodation, food, transport, etc. while on overseas summer / winter programmes.
Why go on i-SP?
i-SPs are one of the many global programmes offered to NUS undergraduates. They are shorter in duration than the flagship Student Exchange Programme (SEP) and offer students the opportunity to explore non-traditional destinations in East Asia, Europe and Latin America. Such experiences cultivate a deeper appreciation of the diverse culture and lifestyle of different countries while not affecting your usual academic term. The experiences you acquire during your overseas studies will be equally valuable to your future employers.
Who should go on i-SP?
i-SPs are suitable for students who wish to have an overseas experience but:
- Are not able to be flexible with academic plan due to double major/ double degree commitments
- Are on accelerated degree programme and has to take core modules within a fixed candidature
- Do not wish to commit too much time (e.g. a semester) and money overseas
- Want to have a taste of studying overseas but are not eligible for SEP
What your seniors say about their i-SP experiences?
Excited to learn about the experience from past i-SP participants? Here's your chance. Read their accounts of life abroad and be inspired to go on an overseas summer or winter programmes.