Students may be considering physical (on-site) winter programmes in 2021. Due to the fluid situation of the COVID-19 pandemic, there is still much uncertainty regarding international travel in the months ahead.
Students’ ability to travel to a country for winter 2021 will be determined by the host country’s travel policies as well as any updates to the latest travel advisory from Singapore authorities. Do factor in the need for quarantine in the host country and stay-home notice upon return to Singapore when considering the feasibility of participating in winter programmes.
To be eligible for physical (on-site) winter programmes, students will need to:
1. complete the compulsory Overseas Travel Preparedness (OTP) module on LumiNUS;
2. submit a copy of their vaccination certificate and the completed Risk Acknowledgement and Consent Form
when applying on EduRec;
3. declare their travel plans on the NUS Overseas Travel Declaration Portal
4. register with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or your country’s diplomatic mission; and
5. attend a pre-departure briefing conducted by GRO.
Students who proceed with the physical (on-site) option acknowledge the risks associated. NUS will not be responsible for any lost deposits or expenses (including but not limited to programme/tuition fees, air tickets, housing deposits, meal plans and/or non-academic student fees) associated with travel disruptions. Students are advised NOT to make any financial commitments particularly those which are non-refundable until you are certain that travel is possible. You will be fully responsible for any and all travel expenses, quarantine accommodation costs, COVID-19 tests or other costs related to the measures imposed at that point of time, both in the host country and Singapore.