The minimum and maximum loan amounts for the respective overseas programme are specified in the table below. Students who are already in receipt of a bursary or scholarship that covers part of the expenses for the OSP, may apply for the OSP loan to cover the balance loan quantum. The loan quantum should be sufficient to cover all or part of the following expenses.
- Accommodation expenses
- Living expenses (food, transport, personal expenses, etc)
- Books and supplies
- Medical health/insurance
- Immigration/administration fees
|List of Overseas Student Programmes (OSP)
|Competition/ Conference/ Moot
- The student must be pursuing an undergraduate course and has obtained NUS’ approval to participate in an university-approved OSP.
- The student must be a Singapore citizen (i.e. holder of pink NRIC).
- Each student is entitled to receive the OSP loan only once during his/her course of study. If the student has previously received an OSP loan, he/she should apply for other forms of financial assistance provided by NUS.
- The student must not concurrently hold another loan, award, bursary or scholarship that covers the full cost of the programme.
- A guarantor who is a Singapore citizen between 21 and 60 years old and is not a bankrupt. He/she must not be a student.
Terms & Conditions
The maximum loan repayment period is 5 years.
Repayment should commence not later than two years after graduation or upon securing employment, whichever is earlier and shall be made through OCBC Bank.
Repayment may be made in one lump sum or by equal monthly instalments (minimum of S$100 per month). In the event that there is any unutilised loan amount at the end of the OSP, students may return the amount to the bank as part of the loan settlement.
Interest will be computed at the average prime rate of DBS, OCBC and UOB on a monthly rest basis and based on a 365-day year upon graduation or securing employment, whichever is earlier.
(Note: For students who leave NUS without completing their course of study, the outstanding loan shall become immediately due and payable)
Completed Application Form and supporting documents are to be submitted at least two months prior to departing for the Overseas Student Programme
Student must complete an Application Form (preferably TYPED, or written legibly in BLOCK letters).
Documents required for processing of the OSP loan are:
- Letter of Approval for SEP from Registrar’s Office/ Faculty or Letter of Approval for OSP from Faculty/ Global Relations Office, whichever applies
- Acceptance Letter from Partner University (compulsory if you are going for Student Exchange Programme)
- NRIC of Student and Guarantor (Photocopy front and back of NRIC)
*For the Letter of Approval for SEP, you may contact your Faculty exchange coordinator to find out how to to get the letter. The SEP Administrators Contact List can be found under Global Programmes page Outgoing Exchangers.
*For short-term programmes administered by Global Relations Office, you may refer to the website i-SP Application Guide to download the form to request for the letter (under 'Acceptance of i-SP' section).
* Please note that your application will not be considered if the above-stated documents are not provided.
Student may submit the completed application form and its supporting documents for a preliminary check to the OSP Loan Administration via firstname.lastname@example.org using your NUS email. Upon receiving your soft copy, an email will be sent to the student for the password.
Your email should be as follows:
- Email header- “OSP Loan Application [Your name] [Last 4 characters of your NUS Matric Number. E.g 123A]
- Password protection of all documents.
Following the bank litigation check, an appointment will be arranged with the Student to come down to the Global Relations office with their Guarantor to sign the Loan Agreement, bringing the complete original hard copies of the OSP Loan application form and the supporting documents to submit at the signing of the Loan Agreement at the Global Relations Office.
Student will be notified of the application outcome by Global Relations Office.
Global Relations Office (GRO) is located at:
3rd Storey Unit 03-03
Shaw Foundation Alumni House
11 Kent Ridge Drive
Monday to Thursday: 8.30 am - 6.00 pm
Friday: 8.30 am - 5.30 pm
Closed on Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays
Students will be informed of the result of the loan application via the NUS email.
Students will be informed of the disbursement date during the confirmation of the loan.
For further queries on OSP loan, please contact us via email@example.com