The IEA funding is valued at S$1,500. The award is meant to help
students offset part of the cost incurred for the overseas programme and may not be sufficient to cover the
entire cost. Student must consider the location and cost before choosing any overseas programme.
- NUS Global offered Summer or Winter programmes
- Self- Sourced Summer or Winter programmes*
- Conference, Competition, Workshop*
- Field or Study Trip*
*Must be endorsed by NUS Global and/or NUS Staff Advisor and registered via EduRec system.
- Full-time NUS undergraduates
- Not a recipient of scholarship or award that does not allow concurrent holding of awards
- Acceptance (or at least in-principle acceptance) into an India overseas programme prior to applying for this funding; programme should have a minimum duration of 7 days
- Successful application of overseas programme in EduRec
* Yale-NUS College (YNC) students are not eligible for IEA funding and are advised to approach YNC for support.
- Programmes considered Study Trips for Engagement and EnRichment (STEER)
- Applicants who have previously received India Experience Award (IEA)
Terms & Conditions
- Awardees who are unable to go on the overseas programme, must write to NUS Global at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide reasons of their withdrawal from the
programmes. NUS Global reserves the right to withdraw the award in such cases and may impose an administrative fee.
- The award does not carry a bond. However, all awardees are expected to be NUS ambassadors.
[NUS Global offered Summer or Winter programmes, i.e. those already offered on EduRec]:
Apply for award after successful application of programme via EduRec.
[For all other eligible programmes]:
Student(s) must submit an endorsement (Refer to Endorsement Process) before successfully applying for the programme via EduRec. Only student(s) who receive endorsement and successfully apply are eligible to apply for the award.
To ensure that programmes offered outside of NUS Global meets certain requirements (min. 7 days, relevant content and region) and parity across programmes, they will need to be endorsed by NUS Global and/or NUS Staff advisors/Faculty Mentors/ Course Coordinators for student clubs before application on EduRec to be considered for an award.
For Self- Sourced Summer or Winter programmes, Conference, Competition, Workshop and Field or Study Trip, submit your endorsement here.
Applicants will be notified of their application via their NUS email addresses by:
Summer Programmes: last week of June
Winter Programmes: first week of December
1 time disbursement will be made to the bank account listed on EduRec 2 to 3 months after successful completion of the programme.
Other Financial Aid Process
For eligible students [monthly per capita household income (PCI) is not more than S$690 in any of the semesters during their candidature] are required to apply for Opportunity Enhancement Grant (OEG) via the Office of Financial Aid, https://nus.edu.sg/oam/financial-aid/bursaries_grants/opportunity-enhancement-grant
For eligible students, they can utilize their Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA) to fully or partially fund their trip. Application process is found here: https://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/financial-aid/loans/post-secondary-education-account-(psea)-scheme