Aspiring to join a leading multinational company on a fast-track management programme? Gain an advantage by attending our 4-hour compact training programme and learn how to up your game and succeed at assessment centres, a tool used by leading companies for a wide array of purposes from recruiting management associates to internal promotion exercises.
In groups, you will tackle mock business cases that mimic the current business environment, and work with peers in a team to tackle this activity under pressure. Take this chance to gain experience on handling group interaction dynamics and navigating challenging interaction scenarios, and emerge ready to take on any competitive assessment centres for graduate roles. You will rotate the roles of a participant and an observer, to gain new perspectives and improve your own performance. This workshop is led by Geoff Barwise who has designed assessment centres for leading MNCs including Lenovo and BHP.
Look forward to these key takeaways:
- Build agility to think on the spot and react when you are put on the spot with the same experience of uncertainty in a real
- assessment centre
- Practice responding to real assessment questions and scenarios such as business cases, group discussions, presentations
- Gain critical skills to perform in assessment centres, e.g., communicating diplomatically peer-to-peer in teams and lead discussions on difficult business situations and decisions
- Gain feedback from expert trainers
This workshop will be highly hands-on, replicating the experience of a real assessment centre to include group discussions and individual presentations. You will be required to have your camera on, and participate actively throughout the session.
Who should attend?
- Students from all disciplines who aspire to join MNCs on the leadership management track or other competitive roles
- Students who wish to build the foundation of multiple in-demand career skills assessed in the recruitment process to gain an advantage
- No prior experience of assessment centres is necessary
- Spaces are limited for this session and non-Business School students are given priority booking. For any Business School students interested to register, please register for the waiting list.
Trainer, Matthew James International Pte Ltd
Geoff Barwise is an experienced leadership trainer and executive coach with over 30 years of industry and HR experience in the Asia Pacific Region.
He specialises in developing leadership talent in the Asia region for MNCs such as BHP Steel, Ciba Specialty Chemicals (acquired by BASF from Novartis) where he held senior HR leadership positions (HR VP, Director/Leader) as well as for MNCs such as Lenovo, P&G, HSBC as a HR specialist and consultant. Geoff is an expert in designing and running assessment centres for these organisations. He has personally experienced participating in one as a participant where he was headhunted internally for a leadership position. Geoff has lived and worked in Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong and Guangzhou.
Date: Tuesday, 28 February 2023
Time: 2pm – 6pm
Event Venue: Online (via Zoom)
Faculties: College of Design and Engineering, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Law, School of Computing
Target Audience: All students except Business students