Gain an immersive understanding of Thailand or Indonesia and expand your horizons globally.
ASEAN is projected to become the 4th largest single market by 2030. Learn how you can tap into the immense potential of this market.
Pick from 1 of 2 Global Industry Insights modules to deep dive into either Thailand or Indonesia, both exciting ASEAN economies.
The two 2-MC modules will run on 4 – 10 December, concurrently.
This year, the module will be in-country where you will get to visit, meet and learn from an exciting line-up of speakers from established companies in the respective country.
For Thailand (CFG2002T), visit the corporate offices and meet representatives from ExxonMobil, Singapore Airlines and United Nations Economic & Social Commission for Asia & the Pacific (ESCAP).
For Indonesia (CFG2002I), visit the corporate offices and meet representatives from Sinar Mas, Tokopedia and Dexa Medica.
Emerging Business Models: Acquire first-hand experience in learning about the start-ups, established companies and multinational firms in an emerging economy.
Global Skills: Gain a cross-cultural understanding of the foreign workplace and the skills that are relevant in the professional business settings.
Global Trends: Learn about the latest trends across various industries that are complementary to different undergraduate majors.
Global Pathways: Increase your chances of getting an overseas work stint which may open up a wider repertoire of career pathways.
Business Acumen: Using the Business Model Canvas, learn how the business models of companies are key to its continued success in an increasingly competitive world.
Modular Credits: 2MC
Assessment and Grading Basis: 100% CA, CS/CU
Pre-requisites: NUS undergraduates who have completed CFG1002 Career Catalyst.
Schedule: 4 – 10 December 2022
Mode of Enrolment:
Submit your registration here before 21 September 2022 (Wed), to be considered for either CFG2002T or CFG2002I. There are limited spots available (max of 30 students per country) and you are required to tell us (in 250 words) in your submission, why you are interested in this particular market/country.
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Jakarta, Indonesia
Programme Fee & Costs:
As this is an in-country experience, there will be Programme Fees & Costs (which includes air-ticket, accommodation, transport and miscellaneous costs) to participate in this module.
The Programme Fee is estimated to be between S$1,100 to $1,300, however CFG will provide funding support of S$1,000 for eligible students. In addition, students on Financial Aid may register the usage of the Opportunity Enhancement Grant (OEG) for this module. Please approach the Office of Financial Aid for more details.
Beyond the Programme Fee, you should prepare and have available a minimum of S$250 to S$350 for your own personal expenditure (souvenirs, shopping, meals, etc) during the trip.
The module consists of:
Company Visits & Seminars
Students will learn emerging market fundamentals and the broad industry landscape in Thailand or Indonesia. Seminars will be conducted by esteemed industry representatives in Thailand or Indonesia. Topics include:
- Opportunities in emerging economies and the importance of overseas internships
- Singapore industry landscape and relationship with the emerging economy
- How homegrown start-ups and established companies in the emerging economy flourish differently
- Influence and evolution of multinational firms
- Students will be tasked to work on a group assignment and can expect to develop a thorough understanding of at least 4 companies among our diverse line-up of companies. Students will hone basic business skills by learning about the Business Model Canvas and applying them through analysing the business models of companies visited.
- Students will have the opportunity to be immersed in the respective country’s culture through a cultural workshop and/or visit, as well as to expand their social network with NUS alumni and/or local partner university students in the respective country, as part of this module.