Break into emerging and high-growth industries in the Care, Digital and Green Economies
Enrol in the FASS Industry Seminar to learn from leading industry experts and established FASS alumni on how to thrive in the future workplace. Registration for the January 2023 intake begins in December 2022 on ModReg@EduRec.
Explore exciting jobs, internship opportunities and in-demand skills that you need to invest in emerging and high-growth areas such as the Care, Digital and Green Economies.
FAS3550 is one of the requirements of FASS 2.0 Industry Track and a recommended task to complete in Career Compass.
CARE ECONOMY: Driven by an aging population, evolving demands for care and the future of work, learning new skills, technologies and care models will be required to advance health and wellness.
DIGITAL ECONOMY: Digitalisation is a key driver of growth across various industries. Today, the digital economy is fueling job and internship opportunities across 23 sectors.
GREEN ECONOMY: Organisations of today are embracing Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG), with 17 sectors and more than 450 jobs roles requiring green skills.
What Our Students Say
“I liked that many nuances of diverse working environments were featured. It gave me greater awareness of employment opportunities out there that I did not know about.”
“The module provided opportunities to learn about the industry trends and hear the experiences of professionals, which served as career guidance and tips for me.”
“I enjoyed learning about the different fields that welcome FASS students – knowing that our future career exploration is not strictly only based on our selected major.”
Modular Credits: 2MC
Assessment and Grading Basis: 100% CA, CS/CU
Pre-requisites: NUS FASS and CHS undergraduates who have completed 40MC and CFG1002 Career Catalyst
Schedule: The next classes will begin in January 2023
Mode of Enrolment: ModReg@EduRec
The module consists of:
- Students will meet with various industry leaders to learn more about their day-to-day responsibilities, challenges and possible career pathways in the Care Economy.
IN-PERSON COMPANY VISITS
- Students go off-campus on physical tours to visit the offices/ innovation labs of leading employers to learn more about the latest industry trends and technologies in both Green and Digital Economies.
- Gain exclusive networking opportunities with business representatives and hiring managers.
- Students will hear the latest developments, trends, opportunities and career tips from a diverse panel of professionals across different fields in the Green Economy.
- Deep dive into a Digital Economy framework to learn about job roles, existing and emerging skills, career pathways and training programmes available. Apply it to your aspirations and chart a career plan based on the learnings.