Congratulations! You've been offered an internship or a job. Now what? After receiving a job offer, you will have to evaluate and manage the offer while considering various factors and possible scenarios. You will need to know your motivators, as well as the things to look out for in an employment contract and remuneration package. The next step is to accept or reject the offer professionally and ethically, and apply appropriate negotiation techniques to achieve the best package.
In this interactive workshop, expert trainer Clement Ong will guide you in navigating the complexities of managing job offers and salary negotiation through case studies, small group discussions and facilitated reflection. This session will include live discussions in the main room and breakout rooms, where you will work on a case study, respond with your solutions and will be given live expert feedback.
In this workshop, you will learn to:
- Identify your motivators, as well as areas to look out for in employment contracts and remuneration packages
- Handle multiple job offers professionally and ethically, and understand the Dos and Don’ts of handling job offers
- Know the Dos and Don’ts in salary negotiation and how to respond to salary-related questions
- Understand different types of negotiation tips and techniques
- Understand what constitutes an acceptance and how to accept and decline an offer professionally
- Respond professionally in situations which you do not get the offer and learn to handle rejections
You will be required to turn your camera on and interact with other participants in the session. Please only register if you will be able to participate fully in the session.
Who should attend?
- Students who are currently applying and receiving offers for internships or full-time roles
- Spaces are limited for this session and non-Business School students are given priority booking. For any Business School students interested to register, please register for the waiting list.
Career Coach & Trainer
Clement Ong, the Founder and Director of Lighthouse Pte Ltd, has over 18 years of experience in providing quality and effective career management, career transition/outplacement and executive coaching programs to major MNCs and large listed organisations from a wide range of industries. He works with clients ranging from senior management to support-level employees locally and in the region. He is a Certified Career Practitioner (CCP) with the Workforce Singapore and his designation of Career Management Fellow (CMF) is awarded by the Institute of Career Certification International (ICCI), USA. Clement facilitates career skills workshops with the major universities in Singapore.
Date: Monday, 13 March 2023
Time: 10am – 12pm
Event Venue: Online (via Zoom)
Faculties: College of Design and Engineering, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Law, School of Computing, NUS Business School
Target Audience: All students