From Aug 2017, the application will be an online-only process. If it is the first time you are applying, please read on.
Otherwise, click HERE
(use Chrome or Firefox browser) to begin the application.
1. The application must be made by a NUS staff from an NUS entity (department/institute/faculty/school) hosting the external/visiting staff or student.
2. The external/visiting staff or student must hold a current NUS Term Card.
3. The host NUS entity will pay all outstanding library-related fines incurred by the Term Card holder in the event that he/she leaves the university without settling the liabilities.
4. A non-refundable registration fee of $5.35 (including the prevailing GST) will be charged for each staff/student applying for membership. Please indicate who will be paying this fee in the application process.
5. NUS Libraries reserves the right to assess each application on a case-by-case basis.
Temp cards (with prefix V or VP), which do not have a photo of the cardholder, will not be entertained.
'Borrowing privileges' does not include access to NUS Libraries' subscribed E-Resources. A separate application is necessary for E-Resources, which must be accompanied by an official letter of appointment stating his/her period of appointment and the scope of their work in NUS.
The host NUS entity must notify NUS Libraries one week in advance of the Term Card holder's departure date.
Please contact us if you need clarification or guidance.
Membership Services, Central Library
National University of Singapore
12 Kent Ridge Crescent
Contact no.: 6516-2016