The former Faculty of Dentistry building at Lower Kent Ridge Road was identified in 2017 to be repurposed to house the future combined Medical and Science Libraries, currently located at blocks MD6 and S6 respectively.
We are pleased to announce the soft opening of the newly merged Medicine+Science Library (MSL) on Thursday, 15 June 2023! The new library is located at 11 Lower Kent Ridge Road (beside LT29)
Following five years of renovations, the new MSL is an impressive 4-storey building with a capacity of more than 1,200 seats. It will create not only a synergistic relationship between the medical and science faculties, but also the NUS community in that
part of the campus. There’s also a variety of spaces to suit different needs:
- Rooms for collaborative discussion or training with flexible mobile furniture
- Quiet study spaces including a section that opens 24/7
- Exhibition space
- Tech-enabled spaces for immersive explorations and digital scholarship (coming soon in Aug)
- Recording and editing studio (coming soon in Aug)
- Cafeteria (coming soon in Aug)
Meanwhile, please note the following changes at the current Medical (MD6) and Science (S6) Libraries in the coming semester.
- The Medical Library will cease operations on 14 June, 6pm; the 24-hour Reading Area at Level 5 will close on 15 June, 9am
- Print bound journal collections as well as older and infrequently used main shelf books at both the Medical and Science Libraries were moved to the Central Library closed stacks to make way for more spaces and facilities. Users may submit a request
through the library system to borrow the transferred titles
- A selected collection of newer, essential, and frequently borrowed main shelf titles and RBR from both libraries will be brought over to the MSL
- MSL Level 1 and 2 will operate throughout the vacation; Level 3 and 4 will remain closed until further notice for touch-up works
- Bookdrop and lockers will remain at MD6 until further notice
If you have any questions, please contact us.