Deep dive into the latest innovations and developments in life sciences, and beyond.
Enrol in LSM2301 Life Sciences Industry Seminar – designed for Life Sciences students! Registration for the January 2021 intake begins in December 2020 on ModReg@EduRec.
INDUSTRY TRENDS: Learn about the latest industry technologies, practices challenges and solutions from leading technical experts.
LEARNING JOURNEYS: Embark on company visits to see how theories are applied in an industrial context.
CRITICAL SKILLS: Learn and apply transferrable skills for the modern workplace.
ACTION PLAN: Draft and implement a plan for breaking into a wide range of industries.
What Our Students Say
“Very informative, shared a lot about recent innovations by the company, and how one can work towards different specialisations despite different educational backgrounds.”
“The module has exposed us to different industries and companies under life science as we get insights from the companies themselves on what they are doing and what they are looking out for in employees. This makes what we are currently studying in university feels a little more applicable to the real world.”
“It draws a lot of relation to what we are currently learning or are going to learn, and this makes us feel more intrigued in joining this industry in future.”
Modular Credits: 4MC
Assessment and Grading Basis:
100% CA, CS/CU
Year 2 students in selected majors in Faculty of Science
Classes take place once a week, class duration varies between 2 to 4 hours
Mode of Enrolment:
The 12-week module consists of:
5 face-to-face seminars by our industry partners
- Students will meet with various life sciences industry leaders to glean valuable insights on business practices, corporate culture and evolving trends.
- Previous partners: Merck, Roquette, MiRXES, Histolndex, Givaudan, Alcimed
3 off-campus company visits
- The best way to learn about a company is to go directly to them. We will embark on several visits to see company operations first-hand.
- Previous visits: Singapore Food Agency
4 career preparation workshops conducted by NUS Centre for Future-ready Graduates
- Students will take part in a series of critical skill workshops to round our students’ preparation. Workshops will cover topics such as productivity, building workplace relationship and communication skills.